Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
martinzg

TXT wlan not working

Beitrag von martinzg » 18 Sep 2019, 10:13

Hi, all!

I am trying to fix some TXT controllers from local robotics club, without success, and I hope someone might help me. I have five controllers with same problem, wifi hardware is not detected. All five controllers have firmware 4.4.4 installed. As far as I know, all five stoped working after upgrade to 4.4.4, but I am not sure about that. When I check kernel messages with dmesg, all file controllers have following line in log: "wlan-en-regulator: disabling". So far I tried to boot 4.4.4 from SD card, to reflash 4.4.4 from SD card, to boot 4.6.6 from SD card, to boot community firmware 0.9.5 from SD card, all without success.

I wanted to try older firmware, 4.2.4, but I can't find SD image online, does anyone knows where can I find older firmwares? Does anyone have come other idea what can I try? Or should I just quit and declare them broken?

Thanks,
Martin

sven
Re: TXT wlan not working

Beitrag von sven » 18 Sep 2019, 11:18

Hallo!

Die Firmware gibt es so nicht einzeln.
Die Upgrade laufen Immer über RoboPro.
Man kann auch keine alte Firmware aufspielen.

Am besten Du kontaktierst fischertechnik direkt und schickst denen die Controller zu.
Der Service ist sehr gut und ich denke das ft das in den Griff bekommt.
Ggf. werden die Controller sogar getauscht.

Gruß
sven
Dieses Posting gibt ganz allein meine persönliche Meinung wieder!

PHabermehl

Beitrag von PHabermehl » 18 Sep 2019, 11:29

Hello Martin,

Welcome to the forum. First of all, don't declare the controllers as broken. It's very very unlikely that all 5 fail at the same time....
Although I do not have a dedicated answer to your issue, I would strongly recommend to contact fischertechnik directly, either in the corresponding sub-board viewforum.php?f=21 (which usually takes some time for them to respond) or, even better, at the fischertechnik homepage: https://www.fischertechnik.de/en/service/contact

ft will help you for sure!

Kind regards
Peter
https://www.MINTronics.de -- der ftDuino & TX-Pi Shop!

viele Grüße
Peter

martinzg

Beitrag von martinzg » 18 Sep 2019, 14:40

Hi, guys!

Thank you for answers! I will contact Fischertechnik, and let the club to decide if it is worth to send controllers to service.
PHabermehl hat geschrieben: ...
don't declare the controllers as broken. It's very very unlikely that all 5 fail at the same time....
PHabermehl, I didn't mean to throw them away, if they can't be fixed, they can be useful without wlan too. :D
sven hat geschrieben: ...
Die Firmware gibt es so nicht einzeln.
Die Upgrade laufen Immer über RoboPro.
Man kann auch keine alte Firmware aufspielen.
Sven, my german is not good, are you saying that it is impossible to upgrade or downgrade firmware without ROBOPro? I just did that with versions 4.4.4 and 4.6.6 using SD card and serial console. :D
If you are saying that there is no ready made image for version 4.2.4, that might be correct, I can't find it, but according to documentation and source code available for old firmware it should be possible.

Best regards,
Martin

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 18 Sep 2019, 21:23

The update mechanisme has been changed after firmware 4.2.4.
Only the firmware images >= 4.4.3 are sd-card bootable.

The USB-connection is working well, did you also try to pair the BT connection again?

From you description it is not clear to me if you also renew the WLAN setup after using a clean image.
The first time that a sd-card with a clean fresh image has been used, you will need to setup the wlan-client or setup the wlan access point, renew the BT pairing and adjust the security settings.
The connection information is stored by the TXT on the SD-card.
When you put this initialized sd-card in another TXT, you will notice that the TXT-xxxx and the WLAN security info is still active.

Last week I have update 5 TXT, one directly 4.2.4 to 4.6.6. and the others 4.2.4, with RoboPro 4.5.1 to 4.5.1. and then 4.5.1 to 4.6.6. with only positive results.
All 5 TXT are also working well with booting from sd-card too.
Zuletzt geändert von vleeuwen am 19 Sep 2019, 16:10, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

martinzg

Beitrag von martinzg » 19 Sep 2019, 15:20

vleeuwen hat geschrieben:The update mechanisme has been changed after firmware 4.2.4.
Only the firmware images >= 4.4.3 are sd-card bootable...
So this is why I didn't find SD image of 4.2.4 on internet. :D
vleeuwen hat geschrieben:...From you description it is not clear to me if you also renew the WLAN setup after using a clean image...
There is nothing to renew, wireless hardware is not detected by kernel. It can't be configured.

I have successfully upgraded other controllers, but on five controllers wlan is not detected. At first I thought that problem was upgrade, now it seems that those five devices were broken before upgrade, but we just didn't notice until now.

Bert regards,
Martin

Antworten