Alles rund um TX(T) und RoboPro, mit ft-Hard- und Software
Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
MisutaaRobotto

Lens lamp not strong enough

Beitrag von MisutaaRobotto » 09 Aug 2019, 20:34

I had this problem in another fischertechnik set before, but the lens lamp is by far not strong enough to bridge the distance to the phototransistor on the other end. This seems to be a structural issue. I did some tests with values measured, and if the distance becomes more than 4-5 cm, the phototransistor doesn't measure anything anymore.

1. I have verified again and again that I'm using the lens lamp, not the LED lamps
2. This happened in another set too (bought years ago), with different lens lamps and different phototransistors

Can anyone confirm this? Any tips? The models in the Robotics set need to bridge distances of 10 cm if not more, and I seem to be very far away from that.

fishfriend

Re: Lens lamp not strong enough

Beitrag von fishfriend » 09 Aug 2019, 21:47

Hallo...
The LDR make no differents between sunlights or lamps.
There are two ways:
1. Take a tube on the LDR. There is a (ft part) black cap - and - a red tube.
2. You test the LDR only when the lamp is on. So if you frequently turn the lamp on and off, you can detect it.
Best regards
fishfriend
Holger Howey
ft Riesenräder PDF: ftcommunity.de/knowhow/bauanleitungen
TX-Light: Arduino und ftduino mit RoboPro

PHabermehl

Beitrag von PHabermehl » 09 Aug 2019, 23:17

Hi,

what type of input do you use? You have to configure the input as "digital", and RoboPro will just read 1 or 0. The phototransistor is not meant to read out analog values, i.e. voltage or resistance. It's just conductive or non-conductive depending on the light. And it works even for wider distances than 10 cm.

Kind regards,
Peter
https://www.MINTronics.de -- der ftDuino & TX-Pi Shop!

viele Grüße
Peter

steffalk
ft:pedia-Herausgeber

Beitrag von steffalk » 10 Aug 2019, 10:35

Hello,

also, if the distance is large, you may need to adjust the position of the lamp so that it really targets the LDR. In the 1970s, the BS15 with round red nops were used to adjust the lamp in both directions (vertical to its beam).

Regards,
Stefan

Antworten