Alles rund um TX(T) und RoboPro, mit ft-Hard- und Software
Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
vleeuwen
VS-code remote Python development on the TXT 4.0

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 26 Mär 2023, 20:07

Has anyone gotten Visual Studio code with Python to work stably in a remote project on the TXT 4.0?
I myself have come a long way but still have an unstable connection with the TXT 4.0. VS code goes too often to rebuild the connection. That is not workable in an educational situation. It seems to have something to do with the settings. The older Python version on the TXT 4.0 is not the problem
The in memory file system of the TXT 4.0 is too small to store all VS code system files. I was able to solve that problem by adding an SD card as an extension to the in memory file system.
In itself, Visual Studio code works very well and provides good support for Python and the fischertechnik Python modules. With a Raspberry Py and directly on the laptop, VS code works very well.
=============================================
Hat jemand Visual Studio-Code mit Python bekommen, um in einem Remote-Projekt auf dem TXT 4.0 stabil zu arbeiten?
Ich selbst bin weit gekommen, habe aber immer noch eine instabile Verbindung mit dem TXT 4.0. VS-Code geht zu oft, um die Verbindung neu aufzubauen. Das ist in einer pädagogischen Situation nicht praktikabel. Es scheint etwas mit den Einstellungen zu tun zu haben. Die ältere Python-Version auf dem TXT 4.0 ist nicht das Problem
Das In-Memory-Dateisystem des TXT 4.0 ist zu klein, um alle VS-Code-Systemdateien zu speichern. Ich konnte dieses Problem lösen, indem ich eine SD-Karte als Erweiterung zum In-Memory-Dateisystem hinzufügte.
Visual Studio-Code an sich funktioniert sehr gut und bietet eine gute Unterstützung für Python und die fischertechnik Python-Module. Mit einem Raspberry Py und direkt auf dem Laptop funktioniert VS-Code sehr gut
software enigineer/teacher/advisor
Google translate
http://tescaweb.nl/Carel/?p=713

Torsten

Re: VS-code remote Python development on the TXT 4.0

Beitrag von Torsten » 26 Mär 2023, 22:32

Hi,

I use VS Code for remote development on the TXT 4.0. In general I encountered only very few problems. I use a USB cable connection between my PC and the TXT 4.0. I mainly do C++ development and occationally python.

VS Code stores several files on the TXT 4.0 upon first usage. I encountered the Problem that VS code would fill up the TXT 4.0 storage after several sessions. If this happens I usually delete some of the old VS Code directories and it works again.

Your solution with the external SD card works as well for me. I created an additional user on the TXT 4.0 who has its home-directory on the ext SD card.

Best,
Torsten

Antworten