Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
hvn

TXT sudden power off

Beitrag von hvn » 28 Okt 2015, 14:48

Hi,

I've been using the TXT for some time now, using batterpack and the poweradapter. When I use the batterypack, I found that the battery didn't last very long while running the TXT and motors and thought the batterypacks just were emptied quickly by the TXT/motors/etc. However, after putting a check-light between the batterypack and the controller, I find that the batterypack seem to be far from empty when the TXT goes power off as the check-light still shines very bright. What I also notice is that the time to power-off varies. Can anyone confirm this same experience (or give me a solution ?)

hvn

hvn

Re: TXT sudden power off

Beitrag von hvn » 28 Okt 2015, 20:17

Hi elektrolutz,

Thanks for your response. I didn't know about the 6V minimal, but in this case I doubt that this was the cause. Without recharging the batterypack, I put it again at work and this time the TXT kept working for over 4 minutes using 2 motors and 3 sensors (2 mini switches and a sonar). After this time I put it back at the power adapter without the TXT being switched off. Any suggestions ?

hvn

schnaggels

Beitrag von schnaggels » 29 Okt 2015, 12:24

I would try the same with a power supply and see if the txt has issues after a short time in general.
If not I afraid at least one cell of your battery pack is dead and the voltage drops after a very short discharge time :(

Thomas

hvn

Beitrag von hvn » 17 Nov 2015, 10:25

Hi Thomas,

Since last time there weren't any power-off problems. Today it happened again though: using a fully loaded battery-pack straight off the charger, after just a few minutes the TXT goes power-off. Still on battery, I can turn it on again and it stays on. With the program loaded in RAM, that had to be reloaded.

About using RAM: just before the problem above happened, with a program loaded into RAM and using the power-adapter, the program suddenly disappears from RAM and has to be reloaded from ROBOPro. This has happened once or twice before, but didn't pay much attention to it then. I usually use Python via ssh, so I can't tell if this is a coincident with the power-off

Any suggestion ?

hvn

hvn

Beitrag von hvn » 17 Nov 2015, 11:06

Hi elektrolutz,

Thank you. I will.

hvn

Antworten