Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
nik32

RoboPro und Linux

Beitrag von nik32 » 05 Jan 2011, 17:20

Hallo,

da FT ja leider keine native Linux Version anbietet, habe ich versucht, RoboPRo unter Wine zu installieren. Das klappt soweit auch, nur die USB und die Bluetoothanbindung funktioniert nicht. Ist hier bereit jemand weiter und kann Tipps geben?

Nik32

nik32

Re: RoboPro und Linux

Beitrag von nik32 » 05 Jan 2011, 19:57

Hello rei_vilo,

thanks for the answer, but the problem is, that I have only one XP licence here, and this is on my (couch surf) notebook. My son Nik32 so confiscates this notebook :x .
So I try to use Robopro with Linux. (All my PCs run only with Linux) I have yet only problems with the virtual COM ports. They don't appear in the com port window of Robopro.
Robopro programming should run properly with Linux and wine. The interface is already connected via bluetooth to the Linux PC. So I think I have just to connect the interface to RoboPro with the COM Port. So I will try a little bit longer.
Michael

kloppenburg

Beitrag von kloppenburg » 07 Jan 2011, 22:36

using serial ports in wine seems to be difficult, there are open bugs in wine and some success stories. I tried some of the advice I found but could not make RoboPro detect the com devices either. There seem to be different methods that applications use to enumerate (find) the com ports, so some solutions may only work for some applications.

Below are the links that seemed most relevant to me. Maybe you, nik32, have more success than me.

fitec

Beitrag von fitec » 08 Jan 2011, 12:37

Hi,
I am linux user without any Windows systems, too. I summarized the problem with RoboPro and linux on my website some time ago:
http://bastel-freak.de/rif_linux.html
Unfortunately, the description is only German … But it's useful for both linux and Mac OS X (or any other UNIX-like system).
If you don't have any Windows systems neither on hdd nor in a VM, give libft by Defiant and RoboBasic by thkais a try (for description have a look at the article, too)

Regards, Nils

Antworten