Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
Laurens

Apple iPod Unterstützung

Beitrag von Laurens » 04 Jan 2011, 23:45

Hallo,

Gibt es eig. Ein Programm(App.)für iPod Touch/iPhone Um den TX zu steuern?

Endlich
Re: Apple iPod Unterstützung

Beitrag von Endlich » 05 Jan 2011, 08:26

@Laurens,

so viel ich weiß nicht, aber ich bin mir da auch nicht so ganz sicher. Aber ich meine im alten Forum ist die Frage schon einmal gestellt worden, und da wurde die Frage glaube ich auch mit NEIN beantwortet.

heiko

Beitrag von heiko » 10 Jan 2011, 00:12

Hallo,

nein.

Gruß
Heiko

Hallo111

Beitrag von Hallo111 » 15 Feb 2011, 16:36

Hallo,
Nein,eine App gibt es nicht zumindest nicht für eines der Fischertechnikinterfaces !!!
Für den Lego Mindstorms lässt sich mit einem jailbroken Ipod Touch bzw. Iphone eine app aus Cydia laden
mit der man glaube ich ihm Befehle geben kann.
MFG
Hallo111

mat2002

Beitrag von mat2002 » 03 Mär 2011, 10:38

Hallo,
Nein leider nicht.Aber im app store gibt es ein anderes Programm dafür 7,99€.

T-Bones

Beitrag von T-Bones » 03 Mär 2011, 15:00

mat2002 hat geschrieben:Hallo,
Nein leider nicht.Aber im app store gibt es ein anderes Programm dafür 7,99€.
Hä?
Es gibt kein Programm aber im Appstore gibts eins?

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 03 Mär 2011, 21:03

First step:
Does somebody knows if the IPod Bluetooth conection is able to pair with the TX-C?
And that the BT on the IPod has the right BT_profil?
Second step:
You need some software to create a Virtual COM port that is able to use the Bluetooth enigine.

If this is the case it is possible to communicate with the TX-C over Bluetooth.

janmaco

Beitrag von janmaco » 05 Apr 2011, 21:20

hi.
well, the ipod/iphone isn't abel to pair with the TX-C.
Apple, you know :roll:
Maybe a jailbroken Ipod with the right bt-stack......
But it's pssible to communicate with the TX-C indirectly, over your pc (Ipod -> (WiFi) PC -> TX-C).
You need only someone to code it ;)

---
Kurz: nein.
außer jemand erbarmt sich das zu programmieren.
Da wäre dann noch die frage, ob das
1.) ft gefällt
und
2.) sich der Aufwand lohnt
gruß
janmaco

Mfjcebex

Beitrag von Mfjcebex » 28 Mär 2012, 20:19

Hallo,
Ich habe ein IPhone 4S und habe einen APP im App Store gefunden er war Gratis aber er nützt nicht viel ich habe es mit dem TX Controller gleich ausprobiert aber es hat nicht geklappt deswegen Frage ich bei fischertechnik nach .
Wenn ich etwas herausgefunden habe melde ich mich

BB
Mfjcebex

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 29 Mär 2012, 10:30

MS robotics developer studio has a integrated web server and is able to support web based communication with device like iPod.
MS-RDS offers possibilities to control the ft interface over HTTP.

If the iPod has support for SOAP, then there are possibilities at that level too.

justins

Beitrag von justins » 08 Apr 2012, 13:37

it is possible to control the robo tx controller using the iphone/ipad/ipod touch with my application called ftController (http://justinszanto.com/ftcontroller) http://youtu.be/9I6dy1hK9vE

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 08 Apr 2012, 14:03

Some remarks:
1)
The iPod and most of the onther mobile devices are using a streaming protocol for their communication.
The latency is very often relative long.
This means that your control commands will arrive with some delay.
This makes these device less useful to be part of (semi) real time control structures like closed control loops.

2)
After reading the code of justin:
-) What about the security of this simple web server?
-) How is the client access organized?
-) Program.cs: "client.DownloadFile("http://justinszanto.com/ftcontroller/ftMscLib.dll", ".\\ftMscLib.dll");"
Is private distribution of the ftMscLib.dll alowed by fischertechnik?

3)
MS-RDS will give a more fundamental way of dealing with different resources like game controllers, mobile devices, Kinect game controller, speech control, etc.
It also give a good secure web server from Microsoft.

justins

Beitrag von justins » 08 Apr 2012, 17:56

1) I haven't noticed any problems with this, the commands arrive and are executed with almost no delay at all.
2) -for the security, the webserver runs on your local wifi network, as long as you password protect your wifi network, I don't think you have to worry about unauthorized access to your robot. It already uses basic sessions so only one person can control your robot at once. If you require further security, adding a password or an ip address filter to it won't be so hard.
-Client access works like this:
1) client generates a small token
2) client sends the token to the server
3) server checks if there is an active session
4) if there is no active session client gets access and session token is stored by the server
5) all other clients trying to initiate a session will get a message that the server is busy
6) session is automatically closed after a certain period of inactivity or if the client closes it.
7) using the admin password (set in the config file) the control can be taken over at any time.

- I forgot to ask Fischertechnik about private distribution of ftMscLib.dll, in the next update I'll make sure it downloads the ftMscLib.dll directly from Fischertechnik.

3) just as a reminder, these robots aren't 2 meter tall monsters which will drive through your wall if something goes wrong with the control software. ;)

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 08 Apr 2012, 18:32

@Justin
3) just as a reminder, these robots aren't 2 meter tall monsters which will drive through your wall if something goes wrong with the control software.
What is the relation of your reply with MS-RDS?

=====================================================================================
Giving someone (a hacker) easy access to a computer has less to do white the size of a robot model.
The risk is not on the level of the Robot control but the computer software itself can be the objective.

A simple web server is potential security hole.
Using a simple web server in a well controlled environment (firewall closed, only a local network, Wifi access point well secured) like you do is one thing. Are you sure that other users are aware of this potential security risk?

There is also no need for the distribution of a simple web server. In a lot of MS-Windows installations is already an IIS server (Internet Information Server=web server) available.
You only need to add some dotNET.ASP code or some IISAPI filters to implement the functionality that you need.

justins

Beitrag von justins » 08 Apr 2012, 19:00

@vleeuwen the ftController webserver is a simple secure lightweight webserver, I see setup problems ahead if it's going to depend on like microsoft IIS, as far as I know it only is included in professional or ultimate editions of windows. Setting up that IIS server and making sure it only is running when you need it running seems like a hassle to me.
For the security part, a hacker could only get access to the ftController server if you forward the port it listens on (which by default is not a common one) on your router. Even if you would forward the port on your router and a hacker would connect to the ftController server there is not much which he could do. The only thing the server takes are commands and none of them would lead to access to anything on your computer. The IIS server has a higher security risk in my opinion, hackers are constantly searching for new exploits in it and as soon as one is found and your forget to update your server software you could have a problem.

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 08 Apr 2012, 21:24

About the way you control the motor or output:

"Motor aus" in the description 3.11 (SetFtMotorConfig) has the meaning of how the eight outputs has been configurated as Motor (true, full bridge, 2 outputs paired, short cirquit brake ) or as single output (half bridge) .
The SetFtMotorConfig has as objectiv the configuration and not a "Motor off, motor on" action.
Normaly the configuration of an output pair is set only one's and not afterwards every change of motor values.

This configuration has been set before the use of the 3.7 SetOutMotorValues (in case of a full bridge use of a Motor Output) or 3.8 SetOutPwmValues (in case of a half bridge use of an Ouput).

For "motor off" in the meaning of on/off, there are two options:
1) SetMotorValues(ftHandle, (int)IF, (int)mot, 0, 0, true): both half bridges are low impedance.
2) SetMotorValues(ftHandle, (int)IF, (int)mot, 0, 0, false): both half bridges are high impedance.
(I am not sure if this is implemented in the firmware.)

In your code,
1) the configuration changed always directly after every motor command.
2) the outputs are not configurated as Outputs at all.
3) the fuction SetOutPwmValues is not used in case of working with the outputs.

Remark:
3.11, 3.7 and 3.8 are references into the FtMscLib Api manual.

justins

Beitrag von justins » 09 Apr 2012, 12:41

Thanks for your feedback on my code, I might not have understood the german FtMscLib API manual so well as I only took 3 years of german in high school. I'll try to fix the issues you mentioned and make sure the outputs are controlled the right way.

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 09 Apr 2012, 14:07

Suggestions:
1)
Put the configuration for the motors (outputs) (and maybe later for the actuators inputs) into the confuguation file.
The configuration is related to the model and does not change during the execution.
2)
To make your code more robust, failt tolerant and to be more error/mistake proof:
Add checks to the Motor and Output sections if there use fit in the actual configuration.
You could define an exception and introduce also an exception handeling for it.
It is still a server with no feedback to client!

3)
Replace the ini with an XML file.
Ini file are old-fashioned (almost obsolate) Window stuff for more than a decade.

Have fun with the coding.

justins

Beitrag von justins » 09 Apr 2012, 16:31

I'm probably going to build a GUI for it which will generate an xml configuration file, making it easier to set motor configurations. This will also not allow users to make mistakes I think.

Antworten