Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
hamlet

Re: New smartLED display

Beitrag von hamlet » 16 Mär 2013, 21:22

Hi Rei,
Great, your smartLED looks really cool.
Which 7-seg display are you using. I haven't found it on your nice web page.
Looking forward to see your next i2c-application.
cheers,
Helmut

hamlet

Beitrag von hamlet » 17 Mär 2013, 16:40

Hello Rei,
just had a short look at the specs of the MSP430. An interesting device ... and affordable. It also seems to be well documented: Even lectures and tutorials are available on the web.
I guess it takes less power than one segment of your SmartLED. OK, half a KB of RAM is not that much.
So in fact it's at the opposite edge of the MCU spectrum than the new PCDuino Monster.
Have you ever thought of a smart Control Set Receiver? Just a moment ago I managed to make my mbed understanding the ControlSet IR protocol. Not perfect yet, but it works. It still needs some debugging. Ok doing it with the 96MHz-Cortex-M3-mbed is not that smart ;)
Cheers,
Helmut

Ad2

Beitrag von Ad2 » 17 Mär 2013, 19:29

Hi Helmut,
Are you going to publish your code? Which tags do you add?

hamlet

Beitrag von hamlet » 17 Mär 2013, 19:51

Hi Ad,
yes, of cause I will publish the code.
Currently I still see sometimes parity erros. I am sure that these are caused by the bad timing of the control set. The pulse distances jitters massively. Its not the timing in my ISR, it takes only 4-8µs, which is small compared to the 100µs delta of the different pulse distances. The sender jitter is also visible on a scope. Currently I am histogramming the pulse distances ... looks aweful. But I am optimistic to get this thing running smoothly.

What do you mean by tags? ... the mbed search keys?
I think something like "ft,fischertechnik, remote infrared control set, 500881" would be reasonable
cheers,
Helmut

Ad2

Beitrag von Ad2 » 17 Mär 2013, 19:57

Yeah fischertechnik will do. I'll find it. What I noticed is that it is better to test for the entire period (pulse+pause) than just the pause. The results became much more stable.

hamlet

Beitrag von hamlet » 17 Mär 2013, 20:13

This is exactly the approach I am using. But on the scope i looks a bit like that the jitter of the pause width might be smaller than the jitter of the whole period ... except those ultra short pauses that occur quite frequently. If these can always be interpreted as two low bits there is a slight chance to achieve better results by measuring the width of the pauses only. Let's see, i will check this out.
cheers,
Helmut

Antworten