Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
vleeuwen
MS-RDS 4 (final version) has been released

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 08 Mär 2012, 17:21

Hi All,
Today Microsoft released MS-RDS 4 (final version).
I will test the software this weekend and publish the package for the TX-C and FtBot simulation.

Kind regards,

Carel van Leeuwen

jona2004

Re: MS-RDS 4 (final version) has been released

Beitrag von jona2004 » 30 Mär 2012, 16:20

Carel,
Did you release the Fischertechnik packs TX-C and FtBot as annouced ("testing over the weekend")?

By the way, is there a receipe/readme how to setup a MS-RDS + Fischertechnik?

Thanks Joachim

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 30 Mär 2012, 17:50

See http://forum.ftcommunity.de/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1211

Both are standard MS-RDS deployment packages.
Some VPL examples have been included in the packages.

Besides the documention on my web site there is no introduction manual available.
Sorry for that but I have a leak of time, this is still hobby for me.

jona2004

Beitrag von jona2004 » 31 Mär 2012, 19:20

Carel,
Thanks, I had seen the other thread, but the dates did not match up with your weekend "hobby".
On the other piece, was just asking no problem. I am surprised in many ways, how much professionalism some people here put in their hobby. for instance into ft:pedia.
Kind regards Joachim

steffalk
ft:pedia-Herausgeber

Beitrag von steffalk » 01 Apr 2012, 10:58

Hello everybody,

actually, we (speaking for the ft:pedia team here, see http://www.ftcommunity.de/ftpedia would welcome an introductional article with a tutorial about installing and making the first steps with Microsoft Robotics Studio and fischertechnik very much. Is anybody willing to provide such an article? English language is perfectly welcome, we would provide the translation into german language (as ft:pedia is german language only at this time). Of course, the english article would not be lost but be published also.

If anybody is interested, please contact us at ftpedia@ftcommunity.de. We would provide *any* help needed as whished by the author: structure, language, graphics. We also take responsibility for layout, cross references and the like. So anybody es welcome, if or if not he/she had written an article for a magazine before.

And, for completeness: If anyone would like to write an article about combining fischertechnik with any other controlling system (Linux? µC?), that would also be very welcome, of course!

Best Regards,
Stefan

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 10 Apr 2012, 16:22

Hi Stefan,
The MS-RDS contains a good set of tuturials.
There is a special one for the VPL basics.

The main problem for the starting users will probabely be the change from work flow oriented programming towards message floa oriented programming. Message flow oriented programming itself it not difficult but to free you mind for this concept is sometimes the bottle neck.

The installation of the FtxxService package is not difficult.
MS-RDS knows a special Deployment tool and the installation packages are avaialble in this format.

During the coming year I hope to find time for the development of a kind of e-learning module about FtTxService and MS-RDS.
For the moment MS-RDS and FT is hobby. I am busy to search a job in this area so that I am able to combine hobby and work but this is difficult.
Finding a new job have my main priority now.

Antworten