Verbesserungen am Hochregal von Automation Robots / Improvements on Automation Robots high bay storage rack

Fussballroboter, Autofabrik...
Modellideas &- presentation - Soccerrobot, Carfactory...
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
rubem

Verbesserungen am Hochregal von Automation Robots / Improvements on Automation Robots high bay storage rack

Beitrag von rubem » 11 Apr 2021, 21:13

Hi all,

I have built a slightly improved version of the high bay storage rack from the Robotics Automation Robots Set. Much faster speeds can be achieved with just a few modifications in the original model. The photo shows how I changed the encoder motor gear ratios, and the original worm drive for the retractable fork was replaced by a rack with pinion. I changed the bay numbers so that they correspond more or less to the distance to the home station.

Modifications.jpg
Modifications.jpg (118.41 KiB) 1275 mal betrachtet

I'm using a TXT controller. I'm not a big fan of Robo Pro, so I recreated everything in Scratch. In spite of its limited funcionality, Scratch is much easier to use and suits many static models like this one. This particular program just stores 6 pieces in numerical order, and then retrieves them. It takes less than 2 min 30 sec to do it. Here is a video where you can see the results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33AHU42NTHM

The Y-axis speed is not as fast as I expected. Especially when moving up, there is a noticeable power loss because of the heavy load. This also affects the horizontal movement. Maybe the TXT limits the oputput current, I'm not sure. I could probably use a power motor to drive the vertical axis, but in that case I would lose the encoder part.

I know I'm a few years behind :D but overall I liked the results, the high bay storage rack is a fun model to tinker with.

Antworten