Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
vleeuwen
Classic Teachin with TXT4.0 and RoboPro coding

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 20 Sep 2022, 23:32

As a test target for the TXT4.0 I use the already almost classic TeachIn
program for controlling a 3D robot arm.
So far encountered several problems due to the limited capabilities of Blockely and MQTT in a local network.

A tour of the fischertechnik product overview taught me that industrial robots have completely disappeared; but i could be wrong.
Only some old versions of the factory are still available.
The firmware of the TXT4.0 has not been updated for almost a year (still 3.1.0). RoboPro coding Blockely provides a very limited subset of Python and only allows adding Python classes in the main; adding Python code is only possible within Blockely functions.
The use of MQTT in a local network, as was possible with the TXT, is not possible with the TXT4.0 under RoboPro coding.
The TXT4.0 may be more powerful in terms of hardware than the TXT, but the current firmware does not unlock this power.
RoboPro coding needs much more visual code compared to RoboPro to achieve the same. That Blockley code quickly becomes cluttered due to the excess of low-level language elements.

Looking forward to new firmware and strong improvement of Blockely.
And possibly a big improvement in the support of MS-Visual Studio Code (free) for developing and debugging Python code remotely
software enigineer/teacher/advisor
Google translate
http://tescaweb.nl/Carel/?p=713

Antworten