Ist eine 2-D-Bauteilbibliothek interessant? / Is a 2-d construction part library interesting?

Community-Firmware (cfw), Selbstbaucontroller (TX-Pi, ftduino, usw.), usw.
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
rubem

Ist eine 2-D-Bauteilbibliothek interessant? / Is a 2-d construction part library interesting?

Beitrag von rubem » 06 Jan 2021, 19:20

Hi all,

I have an idea for a project that may be of interest: a 2-D library for fischertechnik parts. Something like this:
Designer_2021-01-06_15-03-20.png
Designer_2021-01-06_15-03-20.png (61.22 KiB) 2358 mal betrachtet
The goal is not to replace fischertechnik designer, of course (that's utterly impossible for a 2-d tool), but simply to build a collection of parts for sharing design ideas using Figma (https://www.figma.com/). This tool is free, collaborative and very easy to use, so everyone can contribute.

If there is interest in such a library, I may start designing and build it. The great limitation is, of course, that this is a 2-D tool. So please be honest in your opinions!

P.S. 1) Unfortunately I cannot read or write in German. But I use Google translator all the time so I can read the forum posts in English, and it works pretty well.

P.S. 2) I'm undoubtedly "Alter Sack", and I have many stories and have done a lot with ft over the years (e. g. https://ftcommunity.de/bilderpool/baste ... ace/38218/), so I may tell you about that later. Meanwhile, I wish the best for everyone, and thanks for keeping the fischertechnik flame alive!

fishfriend

Re: Ist eine 2-D-Bauteilbibliothek interessant? / Is a 2-d construction part library interesting?

Beitrag von fishfriend » 07 Jan 2021, 15:35

Hallo...
I build the parts in corel draw.
ft Bauteile 39.jpg
ft Bauteile 39.jpg (137.14 KiB) 2289 mal betrachtet
Or there are other pictures from m.b. Fritzing.
fritzing ft.jpg
fritzing ft.jpg (106.04 KiB) 2289 mal betrachtet
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
fishfriend
Holger Howey
ft Riesenräder PDF: ftcommunity.de/knowhow/bauanleitungen
TX-Light: Arduino und ftduino mit RoboPro

tintenfisch

Re: Ist eine 2-D-Bauteilbibliothek interessant? / Is a 2-d construction part library interesting?

Beitrag von tintenfisch » 08 Jan 2021, 12:08

fishfriend hat geschrieben:
07 Jan 2021, 15:35
[...]
Or there are other pictures from m.b. Fritzing.
Kapere mal den Thread; hat schon jemand den ftDuino in Fritzing gebaut und würde das Ergebnis mit der Community teilen?

Danke & Grüße
Lars

tintenfisch

Beitrag von tintenfisch » 08 Jan 2021, 12:26

Hi Rubem,
rubem hat geschrieben:
06 Jan 2021, 19:20
[...]The goal is not to replace fischertechnik designer, of course (that's utterly impossible for a 2-d tool), but simply to build a collection of parts for sharing design ideas using Figma (https://www.figma.com/). This tool is free, collaborative and very easy to use, so everyone can contribute.

If there is interest in such a library, I may start designing and build it. The great limitation is, of course, that this is a 2-D tool. So please be honest in your opinions!
Perhaps that would be a useful addition to the ft database. Some of the drawings are difficult to read, the 2D images could provide more clarity in these cases.

Best regards,
Lars

rubem

Beitrag von rubem » 08 Jan 2021, 13:33

Hi Holger, these are great! CorelDraw can easily export SVG files, and as far as I know Fritzing also works with SVG. In fact the parts I made above (and below) were done in Affinity Designer. They all can all be integrated in a Figma library. Incidentally, here's what I've been doing with them:
Designer_2021-01-08_09-30-39.png
Designer_2021-01-08_09-30-39.png (76.82 KiB) 2176 mal betrachtet
I was trying to figure out the best way of mounting a micro:bit onto fischertechnik.

Thanks for your drawings!

Antworten