Nema17 stepper housing with power connector and hall ref.

Vorstellung von 3D-Druck-Teilen, Fragen zu 3D-Druckern, usw.
Discussion of 3D printed parts, Questions and answers on 3D printers and printing, etc.

Moderator: Jan3D

Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
fotoopa
Nema17 stepper housing with power connector and hall ref.

Beitrag von fotoopa » 24 Nov 2018, 17:27

This nema17 stepper motor housing is designed for Fischertechnik blocks. It also includes connectors for the motor wires and an additional 3pin connector for a hall reference point detection. This makes the connection of this Nema17 motor easier. The extra hall detector can be used to set a zero point of the motor. This can be very useful after a powerup. The hall detector is built into the housing and the necessary signal is given by a Neodymagnet D2x3mm which is located in the shaft adaptor. The adaptor also has an output to the standard 4mm Fischertechnik shaft. The Nema17 Motor has a shaft of 5mm. After 3D printing, this 5mm bore still needs to be finished with a drill, 18mm deep. Then it goes smoothly on the motor shaft.
The adaptor is also used to mount FT gears. Either you choose the 3 holes of 4mm or the 3xM4 tapped holes for the mounting. The 3 holes tapped with M4 I do it with a small electric hand drill machine at low speed. That goes very smoothly with a nice pure M4 tapped wire as result. The adaptor is fixed to the 5mm shaft with an M4 screw. This thread you also have to make.
In the adaptor is a small bore provided for a Neodym magnet D2x3mm. Because the Neodym magnet is being pressed in I drill it with D1.9mm and then D2.0mm, 1.5mm deep. If you press the magnet in you must pay attention to the magnet polarity. The hall detector AH3144 is unipolar. If polarized incorrectly, it would not work! If necessary, you can press out the magnet and turn it over. I adjust the connection to the 3pin connector so that the connection of the wires matches the order of a servo motor, GND,VCC,OUT. Of course you are free to do this differently, as long as you make the connection correctly with your hardware. The hall AH3144 itself is internally protected against incorrect polarization. Nothing can go wrong but it won't always work.
On the adaptor I screw the gears 30T, 40T or the FT wheel FI-31019. In the 3 holes of 4mm you can also place pins. If you use the hall detector, no screw should stick out at the bottom. For this the M4 holes are provided so that the screws heads are on the other side. The photos give a clear picture of this.

A few pictures:
Bild
HD: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoopa_hs/31090040097

Bild
HD: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoopa_hs/31090039877

Bild
HD: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoopa_hs/46028845961

Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3235880

Frans.

fishfriend

Re: Nema17 stepper housing with power connector and hall ref

Beitrag von fishfriend » 10 Dez 2018, 15:35

Halllo...
Ich gebe zu ich habe mich verschätzt...
Ich habe von Adafruit Nama 17 Motoren gekauft und wollte die in die originalen ft-Schalen nehmen...
Da hab ich gemerkt das die von ft kleiner sind.
Die Nema 17 Motoren haben 3mm Löcher man kann also normale rote 15 Lochbausteine nehmen
und es paßt sehr stramm rein 15 Baustein dazwischen. Zuerst hatte ich den drin, aber man muss den aber nicht einbauen.
Zumindest ist das die preiswerteste Befestigung.

Wobei ich zu den Zahnrädern eine Frage habe. Sind die vom Powermot und dem Schrittmotor anders? Beim Nema 17 von Adafruit eiern die Zahnräder vom Powermot. Ich schätze mal die Abflachung ist anders. Die Neu für Schrittmotoren bestellten von D-Edition eiern auch. Oder haben die in die falsche Kiste gegriffen? Soweit ich das sehe sind die Abflachungen bei Nema 14 und 17 gleich.
Gruß
fishfriend, Holger Howey
ft Riesenräder PDF: ftcommunity.de/knowhow/bauanleitungen
TX-Light: Arduino und ftduino mit RoboPro

juh

Beitrag von juh » 11 Dez 2018, 16:30

fishfriend hat geschrieben:Wobei ich zu den Zahnrädern eine Frage habe. Sind die vom Powermot und dem Schrittmotor anders? Beim Nema 17 von Adafruit eiern die Zahnräder vom Powermot. Ich schätze mal die Abflachung ist anders. Die Neu für Schrittmotoren bestellten von D-Edition eiern auch. Oder haben die in die falsche Kiste gegriffen? Soweit ich das sehe sind die Abflachungen bei Nema 14 und 17 gleich.
@Holger,

ich fürchte ich kann da kaum Hilfreiches beisteuern außer dem Hinweis, dass NEMA 17 nur die Frontmontage des Motors standardisiert, nicht die Form der Welle. Z.B. der Stepper von Pollin, den Uffi in seinem Schachroboter verbaut hat, hat eine 3x3mm quadratische Welle. Für den habe ich übrigens gerade ebenfalls ein Gehäuse gemacht, das auch für andere NEMA 17 gleicher Höhe (38mm) passen sollte.

Bild

@Frans,

This, again, is a very elaborated and full-featured solution! What specific NEMA 17 stepper did you use? I think this info should be added, as they come in different heights.

I started construction on my NEMA 17 enclosure concurrently and recently published it (see above). I find that I prefer a slimmer design, what you accomplish with an integrated Hall sensor I plan to solve by using conventional end stops switches or sensors.

Jan

evertdankert

Beitrag von evertdankert » 14 Dez 2018, 10:52

NEMA 8 uses a 4mm shaft. That is why I use the NEMA 8. Your design is superb!

fotoopa

Beitrag von fotoopa » 14 Dez 2018, 11:54

juh hat geschrieben: @Frans,
This, again, is a very elaborated and full-featured solution! What specific NEMA 17 stepper did you use? I think this info should be added, as they come in different heights.
I started construction on my NEMA 17 enclosure concurrently and recently published it (see above). I find that I prefer a slimmer design, what you accomplish with an integrated Hall sensor I plan to solve by using conventional end stops switches or sensors.
I bought the stepper motor from: https://www.gotron.be/stappenmotor-17-n ... 350ma.html
I don't have much experience, I just bought a stepper motor to do tests. I was not aware that there was still so much difference in dimensions for the same Nema 17 motor.

Installing the hall chip costs little and you are not obliged to use it. I have a large stock of halls chips and 400 neodymium magnets D2x3mm. That's why I use hall detectors as a kind of standard for all applications.

Frans.

Antworten