Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
hvn

Broken RF Datalink ?

Beitrag von hvn » 21 Apr 2013, 20:35

Hi all,

Using Linux, I'm using 2 RF DataLinks, each one for a different RoboInterface. I've set them up on different frequencies and different serial numbers (removed the default #00001), so interference should not happen. Now I've noticed that 1 RoboInterface does work and 1 doesn't. However, when I switched the RF Datalinks, the problem moved with the RF Datalink, so the RoboInterface which I thought was broken, works.
To complicate diagnosis, when I start ftdiagnose (great tool from Defiant) all seems to be detected fine: both RF Datalinks show blinking lights when detected. ftuploader also shows all information that is expected.
Question: how can I make sure what's going on with that RF Datalink ?

Thank you very much...

hvn

vleeuwen
Re: Broken RF Datalink ?

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 22 Apr 2013, 21:26

You have also the RF-router in use?

See also the manual for the RF data link:
2 options:

1)
chapter 7: use RF in stead of the USB cables
With two Robo interfaces, each USB connection has been replaced with a RF data link.
The first RF data link <=> RoboInterface combination is working on frequency 1
The second combination on frequency 2.
See description in the manual.
With this you are using RoboPro in the online mode.

2)
chapter 8: use RF to connect 2 or more Robo interfaces (radio call mechanism for data)
In this case the RF data link operates as router.
Both RoboInterfaces and the RF data link are operating at the same frequency but with a different radio call number.

See also:
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/Ussel-Int ... _Robo.html
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/Ussel-Int ... %20uk).doc

So my first question is:
For what objective you like to make use of the RF?
A) Online connection between an instance of RoboPro and the Robo interface?
B) radio call's between two or more Robo Interfaces

hvn

Beitrag von hvn » 27 Apr 2013, 20:26

To answer your question(s): I've always used my RF's to make 1-on-1 contact between an RF and a RoboInterface, so RF with freq 2 contacts RoboInterface with freq 2, and RF with freq 20 contacts RoboInterface with freq 20. Which so far always worked. The RoboInterfaces have difference s/n's: with freq 2 has s/n 15050, with freq 20 has s/n 2104. These s/n's are being used in the Python code I've written, so there's no mistake which RoboInterface is being called.
Using ftdiagnose the problem is as said.
Using my own Python code, both RF's (and Interfaces) are addressed through different projects in Eclipse which I open or close depending on which one I work. Now the erroneous one gives this when all RF's are in intended position and connected:
OpenFtUsbDevice: No such device
GetFtFirmware: No such device
StartFtTransferArea: No such device
GetFtTransferAreaAddress: No such device
Error: I was unable to open the Interface
Then I disconnect the correct working RF, the erroneous RF suddenly can make contact and gives all expected output. After reconnecting the correct working RF, only that ones works as expected.

Previously all worked as expected, and I didn't change anything in my configuration. So I'm still riddled.

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 28 Apr 2013, 00:55

So the problem has been resolved?

hvn

Beitrag von hvn » 29 Apr 2013, 21:07

No, like I said: previously all worked as expected and I'm still riddled. So the problem has not been resolved since I can still only use the "broken" RF after disconnecting the "correct" one.

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 29 Apr 2013, 22:38

Do you perform your test with RoboPro or with your Python program?

If you work with ROboPro do you start 2 instances of Robopro?

hvn

Beitrag von hvn » 30 Apr 2013, 18:56

Since I run Linux, I can't run RoboPro. But I've tested with both ftdiagnose and my own Python code. Both give the same result.

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 30 Apr 2013, 19:15

1) To be sure that the hardware is operating well, perform a test with RoboPro.

It has probably to do with your coding in Python.

2) Are you making use of the same FtLib instance?
In case your code make use of the same instance of the FtLib.dll how you deal with the re-entering issues?

hvn

Beitrag von hvn » 30 Apr 2013, 19:28

I don't have Windows. Running RoboPro on Linux doesn't work: USB and Wine still don't match. My coding in Python hasn't changed, which makes me suspect the hardware.
You're mentioning a dll, which is typically Windows. I'm using the latest version of libroboint from Defiant.

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 30 Apr 2013, 19:39

So your asking for Linux support?
Maybe Defiant is able to help you?

The best way to test the hardware is with the official software.

Good luck.

hvn

Beitrag von hvn » 30 Apr 2013, 19:54

Thanks for your ideas...

Defiant

Beitrag von Defiant » 01 Mai 2013, 10:23

Unfortunately I had never the chance to test with multiple interfaces or datalinks.

Do both RFs and Interfaces share the same firmware version?

Also please post the output of

Code: Alles auswählen

ftuploader -l
"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves."
E Hoffer

Andre

Beitrag von Andre » 01 Mai 2017, 18:51

Even if this Thread ist some years old, as I got the same problem and I solved it.

In my case, one RoboInterface with datalink-modul didn't comunicate with the datalink box. Two others worked fine. As I have two Datalink sets, one extra module and five old Robocontroller, I did sime tests:

1. The defekt module blinked normaly. Robocontroller connected via USB worked, testpage shows actual Firmware for the RF module. But doing manual firmware refresh didn't work, the same problem with flashing new chanel.

2. I disassambled one of my Robo RF Datalink USB-Modules. Inside is a basis PCB with connectors, with the same module on it as build into the RoboInterface. Only difference: the pinconnectors are soldered on the other side. I disconnected the RF-Nodule from the basis PCB.

3. I take the non-working RF-Module from the RoboInterface and wired ist with male to female DuPont-cables to the basis-PCB. (as the headers are on the wrong side, the dupons are needed).

4. I connected the basis PCP to PC, started RoboPro and manually flashed the firmware to the module.

5. after that, I build the module back inside the RoboInterface.

6. It worked...

So it seems, if flashing (firmware ore paramaters) of the RF-Module goes wrong, you can not correkt this by reflashing the module inside the RoboInterface. But you can reflash the module inside the red box...

As I said, I have two red Datalink boxes, 3 modules for the RoboInterface and 5 RoboInterfaces.
One box can control communication with up to 8 RoboInterfaces with RFmodule. So in my case, 1 red box and 4 modules would be better than two red boxes an only three modules.
So I connected the removed module from one of the red box via male to female DuPont-cables to the forth RoboInterface.
It worked...
Next step is to solder connectors to the other side of the module, to get rid of the duponts. There is enough space inside the RoboInterface to have connectors on both sides. So I can simply swap between 2 Datalink-boxes and 3 Robointerfaces with modules or 1 Datalink-box and 4 RoboInterfaces with modules.

Maybe this instruction will help others to repair defect flashing or to reuse a Datalink-box as Datalink-module.

Antworten