Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
Richard

WLAN Passwort - Sonderzeichen

Beitrag von Richard » 06 Jan 2019, 21:07

Hallo allerseits,

habe heute ein paar Stunden damit verbracht einen TXT Controller mit FT Firmware 4.4.4.0 in mein WLAN zu integrieren. Nachdem ich ein WLAN Passwort mit Sonderzeichen nutze (. und " sind enthalten) sind anfänglich sämtliche Versuche gescheitert. Mit einem vereinfachten (temporären) WLAN Passwort bestehen nur aus Ziffern ging dann alles prima. War also die Frage, wie bekomme ich dem TXT Controller die Sonderzeichen richtig bei? Eingeben über das Display ist möglich, nur leider werden die Character nicht richtig verarbeitet.

Abhilfe brachte eine Neuberechnung des psk Hash mittels eines separaten Programs (z.B. https://www.wireshark.org/tools/wpa-psk.html) den ich dann mittels ssh-Verbindung in die Datei /etc/init.d/wpa_cl eingetragen habe. Danach ging es :)

Wer eine bessere Möglichkeit weiß, bitte ergänzen. Ich denke das Problem habe nicht nur ich. Am besten wäre natürlich eine Korrektur der Controller FW durch FT.

vleeuwen
Re: WLAN Passwort - Sonderzeichen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 06 Jan 2019, 23:26

In which WLAN-mode?
In the WLAN-client mode, I was a peace of cake to get the connection back on line again.
SSID-scan, choose the right router, Key, choose the right key and fill in the key word.
Confirm: right top WLAN-mode screen.
2 min max.

Richard

Beitrag von Richard » 07 Jan 2019, 21:01

I wanted to use the WLAN client mode. And I agree, the described process of setting up should only take few moments to get everything running.

I made some more experiments today and found that the psk hash will not be recalculated after each configuration cycle. My expectation is that after every change of SSID and/or password, the psk hash will be recalculated. @vleeuwen: If you are interested in a series of pictures how I did the configuration, then I can send it to you by email. Please let me know ... I'm offering my support to find the root cause and thus probably save time of other users.

MasterOfGizmo

Beitrag von MasterOfGizmo » 08 Jan 2019, 09:18

This is a known problem and has been reported by Sven a long time ago

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3776&p=26752&hilit= ... hen#p26752
Arduino für fischertechnik: ftDuino http://ftduino.de, ftDuino32 http://ftduino.de/32

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 08 Jan 2019, 12:29

Thanks, interesting.
There are different Service Set ID requirements to find on the internet.
Because of its purpose, it looks like a combination of letters and/or numbers, could be the most common one.
The IEEE 802.11-2012 defines a tag that the SSID is UTF-8 encoded and when interpreting could contain any non-ISO basic Latin characters within it.

Richard

Beitrag von Richard » 08 Jan 2019, 23:12

MasterOfGizmo hat geschrieben:This is a known problem and has been reported by Sven a long time ago

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3776&p=26752&hilit= ... hen#p26752
The linked topic talks about special characters in the SSID. In my case the SSID consists only of letters [a-z]|[A-Z] and one number. I could successfully connect the TXT to my access point after changing the WLAN password to 08150815 and keeping the SSID as it was. From this experiment one could conclude that the issue is not related to the SSID (and that's why I concluded that the issue is due to special characters in the password).

Today I regenerated the psk hash for the 08150815 password. This is exactly the psk hash which I found in wpa_cl after configuring access point and the TXT back to my original password (including a . and a " character). Therefore, there was no recalculation of the psk hash during all these trials to get it configured with the original password. Could be that the special characters caused this or the TXT was in a state which didn't trigger the recalculation for whatever reason. I browsed through the TXT filesystem searching for some scripts doing this configuration but ended with the finding that it might be included in the TxtControlMain executable or a related lib. Do you confirm? This would limit the root cause finding to persons having the source code...

Antworten