Alles rund um TX(T) und RoboPro, mit ft-Hard- und Software
Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
eumel

Re: Lucky Logic ...

Beitrag von eumel » 26 Dez 2018, 22:51

Hello vleeuwen
Thank you for your interest. I have tested the VMware Workstation Player 6.0.2 only in win10/64bit. I could not find any LPT-restriction you are talking about. In my article in ft:pedia 4/2018 i describe exactly what i did. Originaly i was interested in using non-graphik languages as Terrapin-Logo or Java. I was surprised about the rather fast movement of the Fischertechnik-stepper-motors. I integrated some stepper-commands in my ui-driver umfishcount.dll (originaly described for an basic-programm - but i developed my driver with delphi 7). For helping Spitti i installed LLwin 3.0 and found no problems - except when using both analog-inputs at the same time. Likely LLwin is not quick enough for controlling the stepper-motors. Using VMware Player, win98, 2 of the old universal interfaces and Logo or Java seems for me a good idea for controlling the old Fischertechnik plotter. I wrote a Logo-programm for drawing graphs of any functions and for drawing scaled numbers.
With best regards
eumel

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 26 Dez 2018, 23:13

Thanks for the testing and this unexpected result.
At the other hand it shows also a small but limited security weakness of the virtual machine.

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 27 Dez 2018, 13:13

In addition to the publication of Eumel in ft:pedia 4-2018:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_port
which is giving a good overview of the LPT-port, history and possible problems.
See for example "current use":
However, Microsoft operating systems later than Windows 95/98 prevent user programs from directly writing to or reading from the LPT without additional software (kernel extensions)

tvdw

Beitrag von tvdw » 09 Jan 2019, 21:27

Update: I checked with the parallel interface and the old gwbasic program for the trainingsrobot with encoder wheels and it works fine with the virtual machine. It reproduces the positions fine, even from a position program I stored long ago on a MS-DOS pc. I will check later with llwin2 in win95/98 with the encoderwheels.

eumel

Beitrag von eumel » 10 Jan 2019, 23:08

Hello to all, who are interested in Universalinterface
For interest I installed the VMware Player and win98 in Win7/64bit-system. In addition I installed the Longshine LCS-6320 PCI Express card and the suitable driver http://semantic.gs/mcs98xx_windows_64bi ... 2_download .
In win7 device-manager I had to deaktivate LPT1 and LPT4. Only the device PCI Parallel Port (LPT2) remainded active. Then in the virtual win98, before registrating the WRTdev0.VxD driver, I changed in the registration-file WinRTVxD.reg the "BusType":dword: from 0 to 5. I remaind the IOPort: 378. After this I could connect the UI using Terrapin Logo very fine. Surely LLWIN 3.0 and Bluej/Java will work too. For more details look at my article in ft:pedia 4/2018:
https://www.ftcommunity.de/ftpedia_ausg ... 2018-4.pdf
I assumed there, that the UI in a Windows 64bit-system should work, when using a PCIe-parallel-port-card.
With regards eumel

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 11 Jan 2019, 11:45

Thnks.
Hyper-V on Windows 10 does not support Windows 98. (support starts with Windows XP)
So this will only work with VMware Player.
However does Hyper-V and VMware Player work side by side under Windows 10 x64?

Antworten