Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
gnicolamola

Upload .RPP file to CFW and monitor with Python

Beitrag von gnicolamola » 28 Mär 2018, 03:23

Hi All,
Is it possible to upload a .rpp file to the community firmware and run that program? I have purchased the FT Factory Simulation and want to monitor things like motor speed, temperature and anything that is available via the ftrobopy library. Ideally I won't have to re-program everything in python and can simply run the standard rpp files like the Sorting_Line.rpp and use a python script to monitor these movements. Is this possible?
I have tried using the FTGUI in the community firmware to access the Sorting_Line.rpp file however everytime I press start the TXT freezes and defaults back to "No Input" on the file setting.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Giovanni

MasterOfGizmo

Re: Upload .RPP file to CFW and monitor with Python

Beitrag von MasterOfGizmo » 28 Mär 2018, 15:39

No, it's not. Technically not even Robopro does that. Instead it compiles the rpp into binary code for the target device and uploads that.

There's no fundamental reason why you cannot do the same when running the cfw. But neither the rpp format itself nor the compiled binary flrmat nor the communication protocols are open source and/or documented. Fischertechnik does not support the CFW and thus something like you suggest would need some reverse engineering on our side which imho isn't worth the effort. The time was better spent writing brickly, the cfws own graphical programming environment.

Actually the cfw could do magic things with this. It could even compile and run downloaded rpp programs by itself. We have enough sd card nemory to store the required compilers and tools. Or one developer once suggested to iknterpret rpp files and run them that way. Many things could be done if someone would actually be interested enough.
Arduino für fischertechnik: ftDuino http://ftduino.de, ftDuino32 http://ftduino.de/32

gnicolamola

Beitrag von gnicolamola » 28 Mär 2018, 17:51

Thanks for your prompt response MasterOfGizmo.

So before I go about reinventing the wheel, is the available python and ftrobopy libraries enough to reprogram a Sorting Line, Multiprocessing station oven and wharehouse gripper robot?
It seems that many of the commands in the ftrobopy library were written specifically for another Fischertechnik product.

Thanks,
Giovanni

Torsten

Beitrag von Torsten » 28 Mär 2018, 22:24

Hi Giovanni,
gnicolamola hat geschrieben:So before I go about reinventing the wheel, is the available python and ftrobopy libraries enough to reprogram a Sorting Line, Multiprocessing station oven and wharehouse gripper robot?
I don't know the ROBOPro programs for the Sorting Line, the Multiprocessing station oven and warehouse gripper bot but looking at how the models work (on youtube) I can assure you that all the functions can be programmed in python and ftrobopy as well.
gnicolamola hat geschrieben:It seems that many of the commands in the ftrobopy library were written specifically for another Fischertechnik product.
ftrobopy has not been written for a specific model or fischertechnik product. It simply is a python interface that gives access to the inputs and outputs (and sound and camera) of the TXT. OpenCV for python that is also included in the cfw and ftrobopytools provide image processing/recognition functions.

Currently no model comes to my mind that could only be realised with ROBOPro and not with python/ftrobopy and cfw.

Best,
Torsten

gnicolamola

Beitrag von gnicolamola » 29 Mär 2018, 03:14

Thanks for the clarification Torsten. I've been playing with the Python library all day and have been having good success so far.

Cheers,

Giovanni

Antworten