Computing using original ft hard- and software
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
vleeuwen
Re: Project: smartControls, an I²C Screen With Touch and SD-

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 11 Jun 2013, 18:54

@Ford,
This is an international forum (see a discussion from some years ago).
We try to be polite to each other.

Rei is French and he is doing his best to write in English and his web site is very well organized and readable.
It contains also a lot of information.

funmca

Beitrag von funmca » 14 Jun 2013, 20:02

hey rei,

always a step ahead.......

do you have a solution to save data (csv) on sd cards?

might be?

greetings marco.
;-)

H.A.R.R.Y.

Beitrag von H.A.R.R.Y. » 25 Jun 2013, 15:18

Hello Rei,

just by a lucky chance I came across this thread. I already had a look on your web page. I clearly understood that your focus is on the software project and you are about to finalize your design also by selecting appropriate hardware components.

Nevertheless could you please be so kind to post some more details about the display you used on your prototype, a part number and where it is offered, maybe?
I am asking since there is a couple of such displays available by standard distributors but all of them - as far as I know - already have a µC included that handles all the stuff. That is why I am wondering about your statement regarding the component selection.

On the other hand I am interested in your SD-card interface. How did you connect this to the Robo Tx? Is it possible you share this information with us? At least a coarse schematic and some idea which tools you use to write the code and compile it?

Best regards to France
H.A.R.R.Y.
[42] SURVIVE - or die trying

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 25 Jun 2013, 23:47

For me it looks like that the basic concept is microcontroller manufacture independent.
The TX-C is communicating with a microcontroller as I2C slave.
This microcontroller is also operating as a command interpreter and as gateway/data preprocessor for sensors and actuators.
For example Microchip is offering a good basic library (free )to implement functionality like SD-card interface, graphic card/touch screen interface, I2C interface and a lot more.
Microchip is also offering sets of development boards.
But this is done by more microcontroller manufactures.

So there is a lot of choices.

But you will need (to develop) certain skills like embedded programming and to work with these standard libraries.
Embedded programming skills differs from the programming skill for home computers in many ways.
The beautiful work, don by Rei, shows that learning these skills is worth to do.

Possible information source:
Elektor is offering a lot of information about embedded programming on hobbyist level.

vleeuwen

Beitrag von vleeuwen » 26 Jun 2013, 11:11

The publication of ideas and suggestions must be enough for other to be creative.
There is no need to publish the complete code or the exact configurations.
Being creative has less to do with copying details from a somebody else.
Rei is spending a lot of time to his projects and he is also publishing nice overviews of his results.

The FT-convention is a very nice opportunity for the exchange of more detail information.

Antworten