Development super "kugelbahn"

fischertechnik in General
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!

Re: Development super "kugelbahn"

Beitragvon fotoopa » 29 Dez 2017, 17:15

Hi Thomas,

Yes I have read it but find it rather difficult to equalize the colors. As an alternative, I had thought of sorting color grains like here in the picture:
https://www.fun.be/strijkparels-in-ton- ... ten-2.html
Sorting would then have to go very fast with Fischertechnik building blocks, a few servo's and a fast color sensor. But this module has to wait until my super marble track is ready. Glass marbles do not have a stable and correct diameter, hence they can not be used in the existing Fischertechnik.

Frans.
fotoopa

Beitragvon fotoopa » 29 Dez 2017, 19:31

I just made a new video "Galton Board simulation"
In the video, other modules are visible in the back ground, but they are not actively switched on. The neoleds have not yet been used actively. This all demands a lot of time and software programming. However, it is the intention to work on it for a long time. That is the advantage when you are retired.

https://youtu.be/WCbVdqV4mlQ

Video is quite short but gives a general impression of the super marble track.

Frans.
fotoopa

Beitragvon H.A.R.R.Y. » 29 Dez 2017, 20:09

fotoopa hat geschrieben:Glass marbles do not have a stable and correct diameter, hence they can not be used in the existing Fischertechnik.

Yes and No.
- Yes, they really have wide tolerances and roundness is sometimes bad.
- No, you really can use glas marbles with fischertechnik. Maybe not in your currently existing fischertechnik ball run. But if you take into account the tolerances then you can get quite impressive effects.

Regards
H.A.R.R.Y.
SURVIVE - or die trying
H.A.R.R.Y.

Beitragvon fotoopa » 29 Dez 2017, 20:25

H.A.R.R.Y. hat geschrieben:- Yes, they really have wide tolerances and roundness is sometimes bad.
- No, you really can use glas marbles with fischertechnik. Maybe not in your currently existing fischertechnik ball run. But if you take into account the tolerances then you can get quite impressive effects.
Regards
H.A.R.R.Y.

I've already measured a lot of glass marbles, but they all have a too large diameter to run in the dynamic XL tracks. I would be very happy if there were colored marbles with a diameter between 12 and 13 mm and preferably in full colors. Then I could add a fast sorting process based on color. Most marbles have a diameter of 13.5 mm or more. Most color-based sorting examples with Fischertechnik building blocks that I have seen so far are quite slow, I would like it much faster!
fotoopa

Beitragvon H.A.R.R.Y. » 29 Dez 2017, 20:42

Hi fotoopa,

there are wide spreads of glass marbles around. And sellers. Here a few from me:
http://www.schusserland.de (contact by email, see shop http://murmelshop.de/?p=productsList&iC ... 1-bis-14mm )
http://www.glass-sphere.com/en/eshop/sk ... y-na-hrani
Just crawl the web and you might find the smaller sizes.
I personally prefer schusserland for their excellent service and they might tell you how to get well tolerated coloured balls.

Regards
H.A.R.R.Y.
SURVIVE - or die trying
H.A.R.R.Y.

Beitragvon fotoopa » 29 Dez 2017, 21:08

Thanks H.A.R.R.Y. for the links.

I did not know that there were so many kinds of marbles anyway. You apparently have many more opportunities in Germany. Fortunately, online orders still exist. I'm certainly looking at those 12mm versions.
Many thanks for the help!
Frans.
fotoopa

Beitragvon The Rob » 29 Dez 2017, 21:44

Hi Frans,

the stuff you recorded so far looks really amazing. I am looking forward to more videos.
This thread motivated me to put my dynamic XL together, which I had not managed so far.
The Rob

Beitragvon fotoopa » 30 Dez 2017, 13:54

The Rob hat geschrieben:Hi Frans, the stuff you recorded so far looks really amazing. I am looking forward to more videos. This thread motivated me to put my dynamic XL together, which I had not managed so far.
Thanks!
There will certainly be a lot of videos available. I have focused on everything with multiple Dynamic XL boxes (just now 5x). I already have Fischertechniks from the 1980s. The XL construction box is somewhat unstable. You have to take care of it mechanically well. My priority now is mainly on stability, reliability and safety for the grandchildren. On the other hand, my hobby is electronics, mechanics optics and high-speed photography. And I have a lot of time, I am 74 years old. Nobody forces me to finish something quickly. That is why I am working on this project for a year and it will continue for a long time.

I am now testing a large lift with 2 floors and servo controlled doors on each floor. The supply of the steel balls is done with the rotor distributor module from the previous video. As soon as both work together, I make a video of it.
fotoopa

Beitragvon fotoopa » 06 Jan 2018, 20:20

New update:
Fischertechnik marble machiene in full devlopment.
The marble machiene is not yet finished but is already far advanced. Most trajectories have been built. However, there are still some modules that are not fully connected and a few modules are still missing. This photo already give an impression of the whole project will look like:

Bild

Frans
fotoopa

Beitragvon fotoopa » 08 Jan 2018, 12:09

Topview of the Fischertechnik super marble machiene in full development now also in UHD version on my Fickr web:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoopa_hs/38864662794

Hereby a slightly smaller version:

Bild

Some parts of the trajectories are complete so that a test run can run. It is mainly the servo motors that have to be finished via a separate control panel. The neodym magnets are in the modules but most of the detectors still have to be connected. We are now working hard on that. When the entire trajectories with servos and detectors are ready I can make a nice video.

Update:
Extra UHD picture with somme details:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoopa_hs/38870797074

Smaller version:
Bild

Frans
fotoopa

Vorherige

Zurück zu fischertechnik allgemein