IR Control Sets -- Multiple pairs at once?

fischertechnik in General
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
Burkhard

IR Control Sets -- Multiple pairs at once?

Beitrag von Burkhard » 24 Apr 2017, 17:51

1. With the older (pushbutton) Plus IR Control Set 30344, is there some way to have multiple sets in use simultaneously?
So, could 2 vehicles be simultaneously controlled with different transmitters and receivers or are all sets "coded" the same such that commands from one transmitter would (undesirably) control both receivers?

2. Are there internal DIP switches (or jumpers) available so that each pair could be coded differently?

3. If no, what about the newer (joystick) 136581 IR control set? Can independent pairs of those be used simultaneously?

4. Finally, the same question for the new Bluetooth joystick set? As those employ Bluetooth protocol, is it true that multiple sets of devices could be in use simultaneously, with each transmitter paired to its own receiver and not affecting the others?

Vielen Dank,
Burkhard

The Rob

Re: IR Control Sets -- Multiple pairs at once?

Beitrag von The Rob » 24 Apr 2017, 19:18

The old IR set had two receivers, the original black one, and the blue no.2 receiver.
They can be operated individually, by using one remote for the black one and another, which has the "switch to receiver 2"-button pressed once, to operate the blue one.

For the newer IR sets, as far as I know you can use four remotes and receivers at the same time, by setting the dip-switches.

I don't know anything about the bluetooth ones.

Burkhard

Beitrag von Burkhard » 24 Apr 2017, 19:36

Thanks The Rob for your speedy reply.

Yes, I see the two different IR Receivers on ft-datenbank now... It looks like the "standard" one that comes in the 30344 IR set is the black one (75065), which is Code 1.
It seems that I'd have to find a blue one (30183) if I needed Code 2. Those must be much scarcer...

I'm asking because I already have one 30344 set (with only the black receiver) and somebody I know is selling a new old stock 30344 set. It seems that such an unopened old set would also contain the standard black Code 1 receiver, hence be no good for what I want to do--I'll need to buy a blue Code 2 receiver to use both sets at once.

An alternative solution seems to be using the newer Joystick 136581 IR Control set. Looking at the instructions for that, the coding (also shown as "Code 1" and "Code 2") is set via dip switches rather than needing to buy a different part #.

Do you know if "Code 1 on the joystick IR set" = "Code 1 on the pushbutton IR set" and likewise, does Code 2 joystick = Code 2 pushbutton? We the same frequencies retained when the IR set changed from the pushbutton design to the joystick?

Gruß,
Burkhard

davidrpf

Beitrag von davidrpf » 24 Apr 2017, 20:48

Hi,

I can only answer your third question: If no, what about the newer (joystick) 136581 IR control set? Can independent pairs of those be used simultaneously?

Every IR controller makes use of the same frequency and the same encoding algorithm. There are two DIP-switches, which can be used to change two receiver bits. Consequently, there are four differnt patterns: 00, 01, 10 and 11. By changing the receiver bit, you are able to control four differnt receivers with one remote control.
It is also possible to control four different receivers with four different remote controls (simultaneously). However, one should be aware of the fact that using several remote controls simultaneously might weaken the signal strength. It is more likely to get interference if two or more controllers are transmitting simultaneosly. In my experience, two different controllers in the same room has not been an issue yet. However, I have experienced problems when I was attending the ft Convention, where everyone owns a receiver :D .

Best regards
David
Polarkoordinaten Plotter https://youtu.be/u6XwKxZuxqk
Autofabrik: https://youtu.be/mX9JWcca6kQ

Antworten