Arduino— Serial GPS Unit

Für Microcontroller und sonstige "echte" Technik-Themen, die sonst nichts mit ft zu tun haben
Everything technical that has nothing to do with ft
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
PetriHeil

Re: Arduino— Serial GPS Unit

Beitrag von PetriHeil » 30 Mai 2012, 18:13

Hey!

I am curious about your device but the picture is not visible. Could you please repost it?

Greets

Petri

Dirk Fox
ft:pedia-Herausgeber

Beitrag von Dirk Fox » 01 Jun 2012, 21:29

Bonsoir Rei Vilo,
Rei Vilo hat geschrieben:In order to connect it to the TX controller, a I²C to serial UART bridge is required. I'm working on that...
that sounds great! A "plug-and-play"-I²C GPS sensor for the TX with a Robo Pro "driver" would add amazing controlling possibilities for ft models...
I'm looking forward to your prospective developments!

Regards, Dirk

thkais

Beitrag von thkais » 02 Jun 2012, 05:49

Hi,

great job - it's really small.
I did some tests a few years ago, but stopped it because of the poor accuracy of GPS and some problems with GPS inside of buildings. You will get an accuracy of about 10m (if the U.S.government is "fighting evil" sometimes more) and with DPGS 0,2m (at best) which is not useable for navigating inside (this was my aim).
Do you have any ideas to improve the accuracy?
Gruß
Thomas

thkais

Beitrag von thkais » 02 Jun 2012, 08:19

Hi,

I considered that inside of buildings / rooms a navigation via ultrasonic would be the best. I found also a "Jugend forscht" project, which met my thoughts.
Basically, you place 4 ultrasonic-transmitters in 4 corners of the room (theoretically 3 will be enough) and a receiver on a robot. The robot will send a synchronisation-signal via infrared to the transmitters, and because the light is faster than sound, you can calculate the distance to every transmitter - and with minimum 3 distances you will get the postition relative to the transmitters. At the moment I am short of time, but some day I want to realize such a system...
Gruß
Thomas

Defiant

Beitrag von Defiant » 03 Jun 2012, 10:50

Since WLAN is everywhere there is ongoing work in navigation via wlan, see e.g. http://www.magicmap.de/ or OWLPS [1] for more.

[1] http://lifc.univ-fcomte.fr/~publis/pape ... 011-06.pdf
"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves."
E Hoffer

Antworten