Das ist dann für diejenigen, die händeringend nach Baukästen usw. suchen
Looking for
Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte die Forumsregeln!
Antworten
wattsie

Hobby Experimente & Modelle Bucher - Englisch

Beitrag von wattsie » 01 Mär 2012, 11:12

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on English versions or translations of the Hobby Experimente & Modelle Bucher? I have a couple from the early 70s which are in English but would particularly like translations of the Hobby 3 and Hobby 4 volumes.

Apologies for the arrogant assumption that people will read English, but after 20+ years my school boy German is not that great!

Jason

Schwabe

Re: Hobby Experimente & Modelle Bucher - Englisch

Beitrag von Schwabe » 16 Okt 2012, 02:55

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but here:
http://www.fischertechnik-museum.ch/mus ... =79&page=2
they do have some downloads (i.e. hobby3_1 & hobby4_1) that are multilingual.
http://www.fischertechnik-museum.ch/mus ... =79&pos=51
http://www.fischertechnik-museum.ch/doc ... _30623.pdf
I do not know so if these are the set instructions and there were additional, more detailed books - or if it's all the same.
Under some of those images, there seems nothing to download, but many "have" a pdf to download...

Codex

Beitrag von Codex » 06 Jul 2017, 04:42

Hi,

I am also looking for English Version of these documents.

I have originals printed hobby experiments and models, hobby 4 volume 1 and hobby 4 volume 2, both are in in English.

Does anyone know where I can download the English PDF versions of the Hobby Experimente & Modelle Buchers?

English version are called "fischertechnik hobby experiments and models"

Thanks
Michael

Burkhard

Beitrag von Burkhard » 01 Aug 2017, 23:30

Hello Michael,

As Schwabe mentions, the basic set „instructions“ were published in a multi-lingual format, but as far as I know, the „Experimente+Modelle“ books that you seek were never published in English.

Consider it a good exercise in learning German :-)

It is a bit of a pity that this was never so. Having studied it in school, I can read German relatively well (and enjoy it immensely), but my children cannot.
While the new Profi sets are nice, they are at a much lower technical level than these old Hobby books. I wind up translating myself experiments for the kids to do.

regards,
Burkhard
New York

Marspau

Beitrag von Marspau » 02 Aug 2017, 18:41

@Burkhard,

[quote][/quote]While the new Profi sets are nice, they are at a much lower technical level than these old Hobby books.

I agree on that point

Best Regards

Marspau

Burkhard

Beitrag von Burkhard » 03 Aug 2017, 18:11

Michael,

Whoops, I think when I answered, I missed that you said you actually have *English* copies of a couple of the thick „Experimente+Modelle Bücher“.
I must have been answering Jason's question, but then tacked your name on, rather than his...

I didn't realize those existed... would love to get at least PDFs myself.
Can you take a snapshot of one of the covers?

Longer term, it would be wonderful if we could get scans of those up, either at ft-Datenbank or the wonderful library the Dutch club has at http://docs.fischertechnikclub.nl/inhoud.htm

I have myself paper copies of the official fischertechnik English/French/Dutch translations of the manuals for 1980s Elektronik (30253) and Pneumatik (30863) sets.
For those markets, these sets came with an extra booklet that page-by-page gives text translation of the main booklet. I haven't seen these as PDFs either.
Actually, I partially take that back... The Dutch site does have the Dutch pages of the multi-lingual translations, but not the English or French.
Here's an example of what I mean: http://docs.fischertechnikclub.nl/pneumatik/39187a.pdf

best regards,
Burkhard

Codex

Beitrag von Codex » 01 Dez 2017, 01:47

Hi Burkhard,

I have some of those black and white translations booklets too, they are no fun to read, no pictures.
Experimente+Modelle“ books that you seek were never published in English
At least the two that I have were published in English. I will provide a picture of the front covers. The English is not very good. Often the component names are a direct translation of the German name and not the common English technical name for the component that an English Engineer would use. As an Engineer I actually found the English a little confusing. As I was reading them I was translating the bad English to the type of English used for technical descriptions. They are a poor example for an English speaker wanting to learn engineering. I suspect the German ones are not like this at all.

I thought I read on their website that, docs.fischertechnikclub.nl don't accept other people pdfs anymore, they want you send in the original manual.
Consider it a good exercise in learning German :-)
Haha, yes, I have been seriously considering doing that and I would if I had someone with whom I could practice with. I can read some of the words, as I had a German father, grandparents and German lessons as child.

emumanu

Beitrag von emumanu » 20 Feb 2019, 23:37

Hello guys,

I can confirm that there are transalted english versions of the fischertechnik hobby experiments and models books. I have seen the following on ebay:

- hobby 1 vol 1
- hobby 1 vol 3
- hobby 2 vol 1
- hobby 4 vol 1
- hobby 4 vol 2

I'm not sure if more exist. I have hobby 1 vol 1 in english, that I scanned and upload it here:

http://h2495586.stratoserver.net/ft/hobby1-1.pdf

As Codex says, the translation is not very good, but for people like me without any german knowledge, they're priceless.

If you can send me scanned versions of what you have in english, I can set up a web page with all that we have so maybe more people can contribute with other stuff.
If you can't scan them I offer to scan them. Send me a private message for my contact details.

Burkhard, the translated 1980s Elektronik (30253) would be cool. I think I have the Pneumatik translation somewhere. In a couple of weeks, I'll search for it and I will try to scan it.

Best regards,
Manu

Sweany

Beitrag von Sweany » 23 Feb 2019, 00:05

Hi all

I can make the English versions available in the Dutch Library.
They were left out because of the lack of interest, that is why there are only German and Dutch versions.

It takes a huge amount of time to scan them and rework them to PDF, but if it is wanted i can start to put them online.
The 2019 update is late this year, but will start in March.

When there are special request i can look into that, main problem can be that i do not have the books that is asked for.
If anyone wants something online i can scan them, but you have to send them to me, after scanning i always send the documents back.
If you want to scan you're self take a look at the conditions in the library, that prevents disappointment due to rejection of the documentation.

Lets share our documents so everybody can use them.

Grts Marchel

emumanu

Beitrag von emumanu » 23 Feb 2019, 16:35

Hello Marchel,

I don't think there is no interest in the english version, quite the opposite. However, most of the fischertechnik places are german only and difficult to navigate for non german speakers (it was difficult for me to register in this forum as there was a question in the registration process with some german words in it).

I think the Dutch library is an excellent place to put the english versions.

AFAIK, the documents with most technical knowledge are the hobby "experiments and models" books, the pneumatic book and the hobbylabor book, so we should start from there. Which ones do you have in english?

I have seen the conditions for the library scans. I have to say that your scans are quite good, with very white backgrounds and perfecly aligned pages. It shows a lot of love on your part. Unfortunately, the hobby 1 vol 1 book I've uploaded does not meet those strict conditions. I will rescan it with better resolution and perform some cleaning and alignment to save you time to do other stuff. However, it will take some time.

I have found my pneumetik set (30863). As I bought it used, it has some hand writting in some pages of the english translation, so probably it will be better to scan a clean one if somebody has it available.

BR,
Manu

Sweany

Beitrag von Sweany » 23 Feb 2019, 20:55

Thanks you for you're answer
emumanu hat geschrieben: AFAIK, the documents with most technical knowledge are the hobby "experiments and models" books, the pneumatic book and the hobbylabor book, so we should start from there. Which ones do you have in english?
For the Pneumatik/ Pneumatik+/ Elektromechanik & Elektronik i have them in different versions.
Also a few old computing books, for others i have to search my bookshelf's but that is about 4m of paper.
The hobbylabor takes about 10hr of scanning and 2 days of reworking only i do not have the English version.
I know that 1 of our members has a lot of them in English also clubhefte maybe i can borrow them and start later this year scanning them.

If you want to know more about scanning i did have worn out 2 on this moment(about 15000 pages with every scanner) and now starting with number 3 and ad the end of 2018 i did get a A3 scanner for oversized A4 documents.

Grts Marchel

emumanu

Beitrag von emumanu » 23 Feb 2019, 22:33

Sweany hat geschrieben: For the Pneumatik/ Pneumatik+/ Elektromechanik & Elektronik i have them in different versions.
Also a few old computing books, for others i have to search my bookshelf's but that is about 4m of paper.
The hobbylabor takes about 10hr of scanning and 2 days of reworking only i do not have the English version.
I know that 1 of our members has a lot of them in English also clubhefte maybe i can borrow them and start later this year scanning them.
Sounds great. Thank you very much!
Sweany hat geschrieben: If you want to know more about scanning i did have worn out 2 on this moment(about 15000 pages with every scanner) and now starting with number 3 and ad the end of 2018 i did get a A3 scanner for oversized A4 documents.
Wow!

michelgre

Beitrag von michelgre » 14 Jan 2020, 21:31

Hello,

I have have recently bought on eBay a 30253 box (electronik) with, of course, a german manual. I am from France and my German is not so good. I just read here that the English version might be available some day in the Dutch FT library, but I didn't find it yet there. Is this still a work in progress ?

Marchel, I really believe that the English version of such technical manuals would be interesting to people worldwide (even here in France), not only for english speaking countries, and that would be very useful...

Thank you.
Michel

Sweany

Beitrag von Sweany » 14 Jan 2020, 22:00

Hi Michel

I am working on an new update for 2019/ 2020 a part is already online.
2019 was a bad year for me with some mayor health problems so there was a delay of a year in the update, i'm working alone.

For all the new boxes the English info books are already online.
That will also be of the older boxes, and also for the Pneumatic/ Elektromechanic/ Elektronic/ em and a few more.
But i takes a lot of time to scan and rework them to PDF's

By the end of Februari everything i have most be online.
For the latest updates see the http://docs.fischertechnikclub.nl/nieuw.htm ore just the button Nieuw in de Bieb.

Grts Marchel

Translation by google
Hallo Michel

Ich arbeite an einem neuen Update für 2019/2020, ein Teil ist bereits online.
2019 war ein schlechtes Jahr für mich mit einigen großen Gesundheitsproblemen, so dass sich das Update um ein Jahr verzögerte. Ich arbeite alleine.

Für alle neuen Boxen sind die englischen Infobücher bereits online.
Das wird auch von den älteren Boxen sein, und auch für die Pneumatik / Elektromechanik / Elektronik / em und ein paar mehr.
Aber ich brauche viel Zeit, um sie zu scannen und in PDFs umzuwandeln

Bis Ende Februar ist alles, was ich am meisten habe, online.
Die neuesten Updates finden Sie unter http://docs.fischertechnikclub.nl/nieuw.htm oder einfach über die Schaltfläche Neu in de Bieb.

Grts Marchel

michelgre

Beitrag von michelgre » 22 Jan 2020, 16:03

Hallo Marchel,

I wish you good health from now on !
Thank you for the news and moreover for all the shared work and data!

Best regards
Michel

Burkhard

Beitrag von Burkhard » 23 Jan 2020, 17:09

michelgre hat geschrieben:
14 Jan 2020, 21:31
Hello,

I have have recently bought on eBay a 30253 box (electronik) with, of course, a german manual. I am from France and my German is not so good. I just read here that the English version might be available some day in the Dutch FT library, but I didn't find it yet there. Is this still a work in progress ?

Marchel, I really believe that the English version of such technical manuals would be interesting to people worldwide (even here in France), not only for english speaking countries, and that would be very useful...

Thank you.
Michel
Bonjour Michel,
In the case of 1980s Elektronik set 30253, you are actually in a bit of luck. In addition to the main manual for that (auf Deutsch), there was a three-language translation booklet published which has just the text translated into Dutch, English, and French. You still need the main manual (which you already have) for the pictures, but the extra booklet covers the text. On the NL site, you'll see they have the Dutch pages up, but not yet the others. I'm not sure if their immediate plans are for just the English or they will scan the French as well—Marchel could answer that. If it looks like it will be a long wait, please Private Message me and I will photocopy the French pages (I presume you would prefer those over the English) and snail-mail to you. I would hate to see you discouraged from using the 30253 kit.

The same story exists for the sister sets from the 1980s: Elektromechanik (30226) and Pneumatik (30863) sets. Do you have either of those as well?

cheers,
burkhard
Zuletzt geändert von Burkhard am 23 Jan 2020, 21:48, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Sweany

Beitrag von Sweany » 23 Jan 2020, 19:35

Hi All

Working on it, tomorrow scanning of all 3 will begin and hope to have them online in a day ore 2, and 2 versions of each.
There are almost 150 new documents online now have to scan 50 more the next weeks and complete another 25 to pdf's
In total there will be over 225 new documents on the website when i'm ready for this year.

Grts Marchel

Burkhard

Beitrag von Burkhard » 23 Jan 2020, 21:52

Amazing, Marchel! Thank you so much—it is a great service to the worldwide community. I am grateful also for fischertechnik to allow these old materials to be shared. It's smart for them of course, but a lot of companies might not see the importance of their fan community.

Antworten